“The SCFF will work on behalf of its members to create a stronger and
more sustainable Scottish creel industry”.
The SCFF is working towards:
Building Better Communications
The SCFF works to:
- improve communications within the creel industry;
- raise the creel industry’s profile with the outside world;
- improve representation with other key industry stakeholders.
Formulating Common Policy Positions
- SCFF consults its members to ascertain key policy priorities;
- SCFF develops agreed policy positions around key priorities.
Striving for a Stronger Voice with Fishery Policy Makers
- SCFF pursues fair and adequate representation for our members in key
National and International fishing policy forums;
- SCFF works to maximise support for SCFF policy positions through:
a. the creation of strategic alliances with third parties;
b. media and PR campaigns ;
c. ensuring discipline and support within the industry.
Working towards best practice in the industry
SCFF works to:
- increase sustainable fishing practice;
- increase the adoption of best health and safety practices;
- increase profitability;
- promote the use of sound science.
SCFF seeks to strengthen its power by:
- maximising its membership;
- providing value to its members;
- seeking opportunities to provide expertise and services to its members